After the age of 25 it seems like fat just clings to the body. Although it has been said that people gain weight after 25, especially women, because of a decrease in the body’s metabolism levels. However we can control the amount of fat is being store in the body by eating correctly and exercise!
Now before sighing at the thought of dieting and exercising, bear in mind that your changed life style isn’t a punishment to you, but an award and means to have the body you’ve always wanted. So start by getting a picture of a person who has the body type that you would want and place it where you can see it every morning when you wake up. Then motivate yourself! Keep reminding yourself that you can do it and that your dedication to your healthy lifestyle is something you deserve and is beneficial to you!
- Cut down in your sugar intake! Yes we all don’t like to hear that, more so because some of the tastiest foods include high amounts of sugar. So do this, reduce the sugar content in your meals, including beverages, snacks and sweets. And set aside one day a week where you are able to indulge in all the thing you like. But do this in moderation. If you eat an entire cake on a Sunday, then exercising throughout the week is going to balance out the fat increase and you won’t see much results!
- Set aside about 15 minutes a day towards exercise. And as time goes on and as your body gets used to the exercise routine, increase your exercise time to 30 to 45 minutes.
- Your initial exercise should consist of 5 minutes of running or walking. This is to increase the heart rate and warm up the body for further exercise.
- The remainder 10 minutes should be a choice of either Yoga, Pilates, weight training or Kickboxing. This is to accommodate your body type and what type of training your body can handle. It is best to get a training video to assist you or download a training video online and follow it.
- You should remember that you shouldn’t be focused on dieting. That is, following a meal plan for a week or a month and then going back to your normal eating lifestyle thereafter. Rather, focus on leading a healthy lifestyle that is choosing to feed your body with wholesome, nutritious foods daily. This is also why we have one day set aside to eat foods we would like to, but aren’t as nutritious for us!
- Consume foods that are rich in fiber that includes cereals, flax-seed, fruits and vegetables. Have black rooibos tea instead of normal tea cut down on processed foods. Proceeded foods are packed with sugar and refined carbs and while some carbs are good for you, an excess of it especially in a preserved package, is not.
- Lastly, as a way to boost your way to fat reduction, have a glass of warm water with a few drops of lemon juice. If you have freshly squeezed lemon juice in your water, that would be better. Add a quarter teaspoon of honey, mix well and drink. This works well to cut fat cells within the body!